Tekni-Plex Liner Materials
Our close association with Tekni-Plex Europe, built up over the last fifteen years, gives us access to very specialised materials developed specifically for cap and closure sealing applications.
Our standard expanded polyethylene material from Tekni-Plex is Tri-Seal F217, which is a co-extruded three layer construction to provide solid polyethylene surfaces around an expanded polyethylene core. This gives the material far superior performance to single layer expanded polyethylene liners.
We are also able to offer the following high specification materials from Tekni-Plex:
• Extremely high barrier materials: white plastic exterior appearance with an internal foil layer to give near zero MVTR. (Tri-Foil)
• Co-extruded high barrier materials for juices and beers that require ultimate barrier protection towards CO2 loss and O2 ingress without utilizing foil. (Tri-Shield EVA)
• Materials that have a high quality EVA-wax type pressure sensitive adhesive coated on foamed polystyrene containing a release coating on the reverse. (PS-22)
• One or two piece induction heat seal materials for peelable or welded seals to PE, PP, PET, PVC or glass. Single or multi-use applications, wet or dry products. (Tri-Gard)
• A wide range of rubber types (neoprene, nitrile, chlorobutyl, EPDM , Viton, silicone) available for special applications - Phthalate-free, PAK-free, nitrosamines-free, European Pharmacopoeia, USP. These issues are routine for us.