Cap and Closure Liners
Our dedicated clean area at Bluemay Weston produces cap liners and seals for many applications including bottles, jars and pump dispensers, aluminium caps and containers. These are currently used in a variety of products for many well known household names and can be supplied on extremely short lead times or on the day required to an agreed schedule.
Other options in this area include in-line application of self adhesive backing and roll packing if required. We do not have a minimum order quantity for products made from stock materials.
Materials are, as you would expect, of the highest standard and our significant stockholding coupled with positive partnerships with raw material suppliers mean that we can offer the right product with the minimum of delay. In the case of very urgent requirements our team is usually able to assist with at least a partial delivery within a day or two. Please talk to us should you need help!
Our standard expanded polyethylene material from Tekni-Plex is Tri-Seal F217 which is a co-extruded 3 layer construction to provide solid polyethylene surfaces around an expanded polyethylene core. This gives the material far superior performance to single layer expanded polyethylene liners.
We can also offer:
• Extremely high barrier materials: white plastic exterior appearance with an internal foil layer to give near zero MVTR. (Tri-Foil)
• Co-extruded high barrier materials for juices and beers that require ultimate barrier protection towards CO2 loss and O2 ingress without utilizing foil. (Tri-Shield EVA)
• Materials that have a high quality EVA-wax type pressure sensitive adhesive coated on foamed polystyrene containing a release coating on the reverse. (PS-22)
• One or two piece induction heat seal materials for peelable or welded seals to PE, PP, PET, PVC or glass. Single or multi-use applications, wet or dry products. (Tri-Gard)
• A wide range of rubber types (neoprene, nitrile, chlorobutyl, EPDM , Viton, silicone) available for special applications - Phthalate-free, PAK-free, nitrosamines-free, European Pharmacopoeia, USP. These issues are routine for us.
• Neoprene bonded cork for petrochemical applications and nitrile bonded cork which is especially suited for use with fuels.
• P.T.F.E.: including sodium etched and naphthalene etched which are suitable for the application of self adhesive backing.
Do remember we are able to offer fast deliveries on components made from stock materials.