Just one of the many investments made by Bluemay Weston is in a water jet cutting machine, ideal for prototype work as well as production runs. Turn around on production orders can be as little as 24 hours and in many cases same day despatch is possible.
Offering precision cutting of components that may be small and intricate, unusually shaped or required in small quantities for proving and testing, the water jet can cope with most materials.
Most waterjet machines are designed to handle large sheets of material and commonly have bed sizes of 1.5 - 2 metres wide by 3 - 4 metres in length. This is not always cost effective when the requirement is for small components.
At Bluemay Weston our micro cutting water jet system employs three cutting heads on a bed size of only 700mm by 400mm. We can achieve very tight nesting and also the kerf width (material removed) is as little as 0.15mm with water and 0.75mm with abrasive which means minimal material wastage. This also allows a high degree of accuracy and tolerances of +/- 0.05mm are achievable. As there are virtually no sideways cutting forces very thin or intricate sections can be cut even in thicker materials.
Plus the usual benefits of the water jet cutting process:
• Cuts almost any sheet material.
• No tooling required, just a small programming charge.
• No work induced stress on the material.
• No heat affected zones.
• No discolouration
• Cuts highly polished and reflective materials.
• Clean finish on almost all materials. Some light burring may occur in some materials e.g. polypropylene.
• Clean and safe process.
• Simple programming.
• Very short lead times. For stock materials, orders can be produced and shipped the same day.
All this, the Bluemay Weston expertise and forty years experience in conventional punching and pressing of non-metallic materials means we really can 'Do It Better'.